Sunday, May 1, 2011

Forever Yours

"Have you ever believed in forever?" I knew it was an odd question to ask, but I couldn't stop myself as the words spilt from my lips faster then the amber liquid did into her wine glass. I looked at her as she took a few sips of the drink pausing only to light a cigarette.

"I did once. It was a long time ago though." She blew out a puff of smoke into my face with a smirk on her lips, her eyes half lidded. I could clearly see the black eyeliner sitting just above her eye lashes.

She looked beautiful, I noted, as the smoke dissipated in the air. Her smirk was mysterious and her eyes the deepest black I had ever seen, framed by thick lush lashes.

But beneath the surface; beneath the amusement was an emotion I knew too well.

Sadness.

"What happened?" I asked.

She took another drag of smoke and slowly let it out again, closing her eyes briefly. She looked peacefuly asleep for a moment, but when she opened her eyes again, I saw the tears.

"It ended."

1 comment:

dreamy said...

I am coming here after such a loooong time!!! Glad to see nothing has change!! :) awesome as always